In India, the patient has a right to;
- Seek second opinion about patient disease, treatment, care.
- Considerate and respectful care.
- Information on diagnosis, treatment, and medicines.
- Obtain all the relevant information regarding professionals involved in patient care.
- Expect patient communication and patient records confidentiality.
- Privacy concerning patient medical care program.
- Prompt emergency treatment.
- Refuse participation in clinical trials.
- Receipt of patient medical records
- Obtain hospital rules and regulations/facilities applicable to patient care.
- Detailed billing.